Friday 20 April 2012

Reflections on scrapbooking

It was my 'blogoversay' on April 15 and my little blog turned 3.

Originally started more as a way of keeping track of all the fantastic blogs I had found online rather than a showcase of my own craft pursuits, my blog has slowly evolved over the years. Initially I posted a mix of layouts (LO's) and Artist Trading Cards (ATCs). In 2010 I commenced Project 365 with my ATC group so there were a lot more posts and lots more ATCs. I was travelling along quite strongly until around 100 cards in when my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer in May. I averaged around 4 posts a month for the rest of the year. By 2011 it was safe to say I had caught the scrapbooking bug and ATCs started to become few and far between. 2011 also saw my first appointment to a scrapbooking DT. In 2012 my first LO was published in Australian Scrapbooking Memories. At that time I posted about my scrapbooking goals for the future.

As much as I enjoy creating ATCs, I think I definately prefer scrapbooking now. Rather than creating something beautiful and then sending it away, I now get to keep it and treasure the memory it depicts. Scrapbooking for me will always be about the photos and the story first with the pretty LO coming second. I guess that comes through in my scrapping style too. I simply can't understand why someone would want to scrap photos they found on the internet or consistently create pages with no journalling. On the other hand, one of the things I love most about scrapbooking is the variety possible in each page, so as long as the creation of the page is bringing joy to the artist then it serves a purpose. :)

Today my blog stats show 5736 pageviews, 264 posts and 50 followers. Thank you to everyone who has taken a few minutes to look at my work and an even bigger thank you to everyone who has stopped to leave a comment.



Anyway, that's enough rambling from me. It's the weekend so it's time to relax, kick back with my hubby and hopefully find time to create a new LO or two. Hope you have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!