Sunday 13 May 2012

Moment of Happiness

I figured while I'm still going through an 'exploring new styles' phase of my scrapbooking I should pop over the Scrap Jacked and see if any of the designs there captured my imagination this month. I find this site invaluable when I want to try something new without as much fear about the end result because you have some idea of what the finished design should look like. For this LO I was inspired by Mandy's wonderful LO.

 

The background is a mixture of purple Glimmermist and green Twinkling H2O's. The green panels are rubber stamped with Versacolor ink and green Twinkling H2O's. The rubons are all Basic Grey. In real life the whole page has a shimmer to it which is quite nice. For the title I was inspired by Angela's recent work in which she used a quote as her title. My quote reads "This very moment is a seed from which the future of tomorrow's happiness grows". I thought it was appropriate given the photo was taken on the day of my wedding.

Above LO was my inspiration, created by Mandy.

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow Lauren.... this is really special! I LOVE your interpretation! The rubons give it a whimisical feel and that photo if breathtaking!
    gorgeous misting work too THanks for playing along with ScrapJacked

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! What an amazing layout!!! You have 'jacked' Mandy's layout superbly!!! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Jacked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an awesome take on Mandy's page, Lauren. Your layout is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Jacked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS page Lauren!! It is so beautiful & perfect for your wonderful photo. I love your quote too :-)

    Thanks for popping into my blog & your lovely comment... I'm so happy you were inspired :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Lauren for your lovely comments, I take my photos of my layouts near a window, then after uploading I edit them in picassa- hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous, Lauren...just love the colours & the simplicity to this that leaves the focus on your beautiful photo :) I think you've picked the perfect style of scrapping to lift & see where it took you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning page! I love how you colored the background! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Jacked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your LO ! It's so bright !
    I've also choosen Mandy's LO to scraplift !
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely page looks very serene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing rubons used on LO's...you don't see it as much anymore...great jack of our Miss Mandy....lovely to have you playing along with us at Scrap Jacked this month!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!