Saturday 23 June 2012

Bond Uni Graduation

Just to demonstrate How Times Change (the topic and title of my previous LO), here is one with my brother, sister and I in 2009 when I was graduating from University with a Masters of Criminology. Just a small step forward from graduating Grade 6! :) I wasn't happy with the professional photos taken on this day, however the casual ones taken before the ceremony were quite nice.



This LO was inspired by a few different challenges running this month. Firstly, I was inspired by the beautiful blue/tan of the bird at Show Us Your Stuff. It reminded me of the lovely Prairie Lane collection by Kaisercraft however it turns out I only had two sheets left from that range, hence the addition of the pink/orange version of the same patterns known as the Penny Royale collection. Their Try This technique for the month was book paper blooms and you can see I included a pink one in the right bottom corner. The bloom also counts as my handmade embellishment for Frosted Designs Fab Friday challenge. Oh, I also handmade the fabric covered button.


I figured since I was planning on using Kaisercraft papers I may as well use one of their fantastic Saturday Sketches as well. This LO is based on the #1 sketch for June. Kaisercraft papers, die cuts, brad and rubber stamp were used, mixture of Prairie Lane and Penny Royale collections. I've signed up to complete a full-day class at the Robina Kaisercraft outlet with a friend next weekend. I'm looking forward to learning a lot of new flower-making techniques and also getting a chance to hopefully pick up some of the newish Great Southern Land collection.


Lastly, the blue/pink/orange colour combo is perfect for the Scrapbook Kits With a Difference colour inspiration for this month.


6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout, Lauren! I adore the color palette, all the layers, and your handmade flower is so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout Lauren and that birdie is so cute.Thanks for your comments on my blog and the cupcake is Scrapmatts chipboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout - I love the layouts that allow then photo to tell its story without overpowering it -that's exactly what you seem to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely layout.love the button and flower. thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great lo Lauren Love the colours thanks for joining in at SUYS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout. Lovely paper choices.
    Thanks for playing at SUYS x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!