Sunday 30 September 2012

Strike a Pose

So I had some friends around today to do some scrapping, eat junk food and chat. We didn't get much scrapping done but two out of three isn't bad! :) Once everyone had left I finished up this LO but I think it hasn't quite worked the way I would have liked. Not sure if I need to add more or if it's the lack of journalling or what but something is 'off'.
 
 
I've combined a couple of challenges with this LO. Scrapping in by the skin of my teeth with the Sketches With a Twist challenge this month. I've rotated the sketch and only used two photos since I didn't have any smallers ones printed.
 
 
The additional challenge for this month was embossing which also happens to be the challenge theme for Frosted Designed for this week. I embossed my chipboard frame to create the dimples you can see in the close up below.
 
 
Lastly, I've used the wonderful colour scheme from ScrapFriends.

11 comments:

  1. I think you lo is very pretty! Sounded you had a great time! Hugs Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely family shots and a page that is put together so well. Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrap Friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving how you made this sketch your own Lauren and the wonderful details and colors. Thanks so much for joining us at SWAT this month and good luck!
    Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. IKWYM...hate it when that happens but you just can't pinpoint it!!!! Love your flags & the colours are great...works really well for our Scrap Friends challenge...great to see you as usual:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Know only too well what you are talking about. gather some scrappy friend around and get some layouts done. ha, never worked with me & my friends. always chatting way too much and at the end I´ve maybe with good luck finished one page :). beautiful family photos and an interesting flower!! thanks for joining us at ScrapFriends!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout and I love your embossed chipboard frame. Thanks for joining us this week at Frosted Designs!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how you embossed your chipboard frame! A sweet layout with lovely pictures! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your layout,, and isn't it nice to have friends in to chat and scrap??? Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the colours! Such nice photos too! The embossed frame is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great page and love how you've used the colours.. thanks so much for playing along with us at ScrapFriends!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's a great page! If you still feel like something's missing, I would add journaling. But that's just me.... I add journaling to ALL my layouts! LOL! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Scrap Friends :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!