Wednesday 31 October 2012

Halloween crafts

Halloween is not a big deal here in Australia, despite the best efforts of many retailers, however Ben has been looking at so many American websites recently as we are planning at trip to the US he decided he wanted to try carving a pumpkin for the very first time. We have had some terracotta edging tiles just lying around since we moved in and I thought they looked a bit like tombstones so I painted them up today and we created this display for the front of our house.
 
 
I couldn't resist taking some in-progress photos as we worked so I will possibly scrap this process later. We didn't have any proper tools so used a small screwdriver to poke the guide holes and then a small kitchen knife to cut out the design. He looks really cool and spooky all lit up. I think we might try a slightly more complicated design next year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!