Sunday 9 December 2012

Panning for Gold

I am certainly not one of those scrappers who finds it hard to scrap about themselves. I think it might be because I don't have kids yet, so there are a limited number of readily available subjects for me. This is a LO of me panning for gold at Sovereign Hill which is an open air museum in Golden Point, a suburb of Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. Sovereign Hill depicts Ballarat's first ten years after the discovery of gold there in 1851.
 
 
So this LO was created for the fifth and final Scrapping Sleuth competition over at Scrapz.biz. It was such a fun competition, I'm sad to see it end. I used their November kit for this LO and created my first ever zipper flower! This week I went with the follow five things as my guesses for the common items: 1/ Bird, 2/ Arrow, 3/ the word fun, 4/ washi tape and 5/ a die cut. The sketch for this week:
 
 
 
Frosted Designs is also running a 12 days of Christmas competition and the challenge for day one was to include a bird in your creation, so I'll enter this one over there too.


5 comments:

  1. Fab layout...the colours have really brought the photos to life. Love the zipper flower too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab page, love the clusters and that fussy cutting up the top!! Thanks for you kind words over at Scrap Friends... You can also check me out at Manor House Flowers - always lots to see over there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Pretty layout! I love the way you used the arrows! Thanks forjoining us for our 12 Days of Christmas challenges at Frosted Designs!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun layout! Love the borders and the flower cluster with the blue bird is amazing! Thanks for joining us for day 1 of our 12 days of Christmas at Frosted Designs - Hope you'll continue to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your zipper flower and the layout over at Lollipop Ladies too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!