Friday 25 January 2013

Frog Pond-ering


I'm going to let you in on a little secret: I'm one of those people that love bad puns! So, with these photos having been taken at the Frog Pond in Boston Common during our holiday and the photo of my pondering away with one of the statues I just couldn't resist going with this title. :) I think this LO is almost there but is lacking that extra 'something' to make it pop. Any advice is welcome.


I figured this LO was the perfect opportunity to use some of the beautiful Scrapmatts snowflakes. I mixed up some texture paste, white acrylic paint, sand and a touch of blue/gold glimmer mist then painted it on the snowflakes to add some texture. I really liked how well they took the weight of the paste whilst still retaining the delicate details.

This LO was created for the Paper Stories sketch challenge, which was extended to include January as well. I drew inspiration from Georgia Heald's example LO for the layered background photo mat.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic layout & great take on the sketch...love your layering :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!