Thursday 20 February 2014

Live for the Moments - Scrapmatts DT

Page Drafts is having a massive competition this month with a Love is Everywhere theme. I have been checking out their sketches for quite a while but never seemed to get around to creating a LO with them until now. The theme was 'whatever it is that makes your heart skip a beat, scrap about it!'. I have chosen to scrapbook watching the sunrise at Beechmont with my husband. It was an amazing experience, firstly because it was the first time I have intentionally woken up just to watch a sunrise but also because Ben got up with me to go watch it. This from the man who doesn't normally get out of bed until 9.30am on the weekends, let alone when we're away on holidays!


Since this is one of my Scrapmatts DT projects I also wanted to point out I was sent a pack of the mini-tag scrapwords new release and even though the pack is sailing theme, I found these two tags were perfect for my sunset layout. Don't be afraid to think outside the box when using chipboard, sometimes using it for something other than it's intended purpose gives the most amazing results.
Scrapmatts goodies used: CB1218 Scrap Words 19 (NEW); CB5106 Chevrons 01; CH026 Butterflies #7.

There are five different Page Drafts sketches you can chose from. I went with the first one as it was perfect for my photos. One of the competition rules was that you had to stick as closely as possible to the sketch so I haven't deviated too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!