Friday 16 May 2014

Oh Happy Day - Scrapmatts DT

Have you ever had that LO that you thought you knew where you wanted to go but it fought you every step of the way? That was the way it was going with this one, so I tossed everything but the photo and the chipboard vine to start all over again in a new direction. I think it's a bit different to my normal work but I love the end result. I'm pretty sure I've actually scrapped this photo of Ben and I already but I like it and had a second copy already printed so why not use it again? :)
 
 
The chipboard vine is a stunning piece which I've had in my stash for so long as I really wanted to feature it rather than hide it behind other elements on a LO. I trimmed the longest bit of the branch and stuck it above the rest to work better on my page. I have also used one of the new arrow pieces, a filmstrip ATC piece, some left over vines and a charm which I spray painted black. I like the contrast of the black against the more subtle inks.
 
Scrapmatts used: CB4034 Floral Design 01, CB3001 Film Strips 03, CB6095 Assorted Words 18, CB6086 Twig Frame 01, CH075 Charm.

 
This LO was inspired by the May sketch over at Once Upon A...Sketch. The journaling theme for this month is anything goes. My journaling is on the green pull-out tab behind the photo. It felt good to include some more detailed journaling in my work for the first time in a while.
 

4 comments:

  1. Good on you with doing more journaling - & thanks for telling us where it is, too:):) That black vine is sensational...it really does look great on the page....& the bg work....love how the pink fades into the white in the middle there:):) So happy to see you joining us at OUAS this month....And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, love the black vine! it really stands out and adds so much contrast to a very lovely soft page. Thanks for joining us at OUAS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colours are lovely and that black really pops on the layout. Great to know that you have journalled too. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page, the shading you achieved around the page creates such a dreamy feel to the page.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!