Saturday 17 May 2014

Sovereign Hill - Scrapmatts DT

For my second Scrapmatts DT LO this month I decided to only use one chipboard design because the CB8001 Circles 01 design is so versatile I didn't need any others. This comes as a 12x12 sheet with 29 different circle pieces. At only $10 for the sheet this is such good value for money, in my opinion.
 
The photos come from a 2005 holiday I took with Ben back in the day when I was still using film rather than a digital camera. We spent a long weekend at Ballarat in Melbourne and spent one day at Sovereign Hill (yes, I've just realised I spelt the title wrong and will need to correct this). Ballarat was the centre of the Gold Rush in Victoria and this tourist attraction is a re-creation of what life was like at the time. I've visited a few times and always enjoy myself, though Ben was a bit more reluctant.

 
For the circles I selected the various sizes I wanted, ran them through an Couture Creations embossing folder (Tea Lights- a new release this month) to add texture, swiped some distress ink over the top to highlight the pattern and then lightly misted them to add some sparkle and activate the distress ink. The detail shot gives you a bit more of an idea of the end effect.


This LO was inspired by the May sketch over at Kreative Koncepts. I was initially unsure about this sketch, especially the vertical bits, but the design team created such amazing samples which helped give me any idea of where to go. I actually didn't include the vertical bit in my LO at first and had to painstakingly add them around the rest of the elements I had already stuck down the next morning.

2 comments:

  1. Great work Lauren. Love the two different styles of you two Scrapmatts LO's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the embossed effect. Great layout! Thank you for joining us at Kreative Koncepts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!