Friday 13 June 2014

Its Your Smile That Captures My Heart

Class three was on Monday, the tutor was the fantastic Tina Connolly and this was hosted by Couture Creations. This is the second time I've taken a Couture Creations class at an expo and the kit always comes with some great extra products you can continue to use, in this case a sanding block and embossing folder.
 

Tina creates lovely messy, layered pages which is style I have previously tried my hand at but am not sure I nailed so thought I might see how an expert did it to get some more ideas. I enjoyed creating all the paper strips, adding the lace and builders tape then some punched scraps, gesso and acrylic paint circles. The black border also used a couple of different embossing and distressing techniques. I was very happy to also complete this layout in class and didn't need to add anything to it once I got home.


All the Couture Creations tutors dressed up in a Once Upon A Time theme for their classes, Tina was Aurora/Sleeping Beauty. Doesn't she look amazing in costume?
 


 
Tina had an amazing tutor display filled with so many amazing layouts. I also really loved her journal covers and was so tempted to sneak one into my bag. :)


 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fabulous time, and you both look amazing too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!