Tuesday 17 June 2014

Little Mischief - Scrapmatts DT

 
Project number two for my June Scrapmatts DT projects is a single page layout of my parent-in-laws' puppy, Josh. He is very cute (aren't all puppies?) but he is also going through all the typical puppy stages of chewing/biting everything, too much energy and problems with toilet training. I will use this entry as my Pets theme submission for the Gold Coast Show this year.

 
The picket fence is such a cute design but I had never found a use for it on any of my layouts previously. The title comes from an assorted set which seems to be more targeted towards little boys but I thought it suited Josh perfectly. You can see in the close up I left the fence raw to tie in with the natural feel I was going for. The title is painted with acrylic paint and then covered with crackle medium. The Scrap Word in the corner just has stamping ink whipped over the top to let the recessed black words still show through.
 
Scrapmatts used: CB1198 Scrap Words 06; CB2026 Picket Fences 09; CB4055 Assorted Words 09.
 

 
I was inspired by the Once Upon A... Sketch June challenge for this layout. The journaling prompt for this month is 'The best things in life aren't things'. I've left my journaling visible on this layout, talking about how Josh's cuteness outweighs his mischief at the moment. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing what you do for our OUAS challenges...this is super cute. You got me with the puppy [BIG puppy!!]....& the green masking ties it all together nicely...you have a knack for popping pp's together that work really well:):) Thanks for sharing with us this month - & I'm figuring you know about the FB thing, but just in case you forgot, here's the link:):) Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Lizzy on this one you had me at puppy.... :) I love the background with the two stencils and the cracked title looks lovely. I love the photo of Josh and the picket fence looks perfect. Love the layering. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!