Friday 5 May 2017

Look @ Me - Scrapmatts DT

I'm normally a pretty bright and colourful scrapbooker but this layout took it to the extreme! I wanted a chance to get messy with some mixed media and when I found this selfie of my husband I knew it would be perfect for a bright and colourful page.


I found a stunning rainbow explosion layout on Pinterest and it just happened to have a tutorial attached showing how to create the background. So this was the basis for my layout, however I gave it a bit of my own touch.

Fotor_143887982553074:

I started by doodling my background in Gelatos, then washing that out with some water and playing with how the drips ran. The background has some extra texture as I applied gesso through stencil ST5003 on the left and right sides. That's as far as I followed the tutorial before going off on my own path. 


I matted my photo with the doily and some black and white cardstock. I then applied the strips of washi tape to colour match the background. The heart topiary (CB1110 Topiaries 01) is a classic chipboard piece, I've used two packs in my time with Scrapmatts. CB4063 Leaf Spray 13 flourishes in black provide some contrast to all the colour. I've used CB1159 Hearts 05 in the red, CB1166 Cupids 01 in white mist finish in the purple and CB6116 Assorted Words 29 for my title. All that was left was a couple of different sequin colours, resin dots and the paperclip arrow. Add some journaling and a doodled border and it's all done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!