Sunday 11 June 2017

Cocoa Vanilla Studios Expo Class

The Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo is wrapping up in Brisbane today. I have previously gone 2013-2015 as part of my design team responsibilities with Scrapmatts and Couture Creations but have never gone just for the sake of going. This year my mum suggested she fly down from Gladstone and we go together, which was an offer too good to refuse. We went on the Friday and Saturday, completing 5 classes (and a bit of shopping). I'll share the projects as I actually manage to complete the mall. :)


Our fourth class, the first on Saturday, was with Zoe Pearn who is the founder and designer of Cocoa Vanilla Studios which is one of my favourite scrapbooking companies at the moment. We got to do two pages using the beautiful Wild At Heart paper range and I actually managed to get ALMOST all the way through both during the class! Expect to see a few may layouts from this range, because I now had a HEAP of papers and embellishments to match but also because I love the watercolour feel to it.


The printed chipboard in this range is wonderfully thick and sturdy, with a peel off adhesive background which makes it very easy to use. I also fell in love with their glitter dots because I'm easily distracted by sparkly things. :)


Zoe told us she created the second page just to 'use up the scraps' we had left over from the first page. I wish all my scraps could turn into something so beautiful! When you have such a beautiful background paper to start with, you barely even need to add anything more. 


The embellishment pack has a huge variety of designs, with a great mix of words and shapes including butterflies, hearts, stars, arrows and frames.


I had to do a bit of fan-girling and get a photo with the lady herself after the class. Unfortunately, my mum is not the best photographer and this was the only photo that wasn't blurry. I look so grumpy because I'm still in the middle of talking. Anyone know why all my crafting inspirations are short? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!