Sunday 10 September 2017

Smile - D-list Scraps DT

I hear lots of people talking about how they just don't like scrapping with a certain colour and that colour is so often purple. Purple is my husband's favourite colour and was the colour choice for our wedding so I have quite a bit of experience scrapping with it. Hopefully my layout today convinces you it's not really such a difficult colour to work with.


There are so many yummy D-lish Scraps embellishments available in the shop, which means there are also a whole heap of choices in my stash now. :) For this layout I started with the Creative Cuts - Roses, because I knew I wanted them to be the feature. I have coloured three pieces using Gelatos and Twinkling H20s. I then just started pulling out all the purple or cream embellishments I had in my stash.


Over in the purple cluster this meant a lovely fabric bloom feature, which I've paired with a black tassel. This was off-set by two cream paper flowers. I have used a couple of pieces from the mixed resin flower grab bag, as well as spread out some purple mini roses. No layout is completed for me at the moment without a scatter of sequins across the page.


The smaller embellishment cluster is based on a large off-white/cream doily. Over the top of this I have added another mini-rose, some rosebuds, another paper flower spring, a cream pick 'n' place bow and a flair. The top corner is finished off with a delightful resin butterfly.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!