Thursday 2 November 2017

Daddy Hugs - Scrapmatts DT

Sometimes when you have a great photo, it's important to let it be the star of the layout and not over clutter the layout with embellishments or layers. I find Scrapmatts chipboard is the perfect finishing touch for these kinds of layouts, subtle yet effective. It's also nice sometimes to create a simple layout that doesn't take ages.


I have used the stencil ST9008-A5 to apply some white gesso over parts of the background, then covered the same areas with sections of CB5126 Diamond Mesh 02. Lastly, I've used CB1155 Ferns 01 to frame my title. 

I'm so happy to have finally used my die-set to create that vellum bow. I've had it sitting in my stash unopened for about 2 years now!


Scrapmatts is sponsoring the current challenge over at CSI: Color, Stories and Inspiration. The case file is below. I've used leaves, a heart, wood/woodgrain and vellum from the evidence and my journaling is inspired by the words 'outside' and 'calm'.


The layout also fits the criteria for the More Than Words challenge this month. I've been watching them for a while and they have some stunning entries to their blog.

5 comments:

  1. That is a stunning photo Lauren! I agree - keep the focus on that photo. So glad you could join us over at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow !! Such a lovely page !! Love it !! Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words !! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way to document such a precious memory. I really love that you've kept the embellishments to a minimum, so that the focus can be totally on that beautiful photo. That vellum bow is just the right touch. Thanks for playing along with us over at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty! Love that photo! So happy you could play along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I agree sometimes less is more and you've done an amazing job with this layout! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!