Friday 30 March 2018

Peace, Love and Pineapples - Fluttyby Designs Guest DT

Here is my second guest design team reveal for Flutterby Designs. I've picked the pineapple themed pieces out of the Good Vibes Only release for this one, because they were just perfect for these photos of our visit to The Big Pineapple on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia.


This card from the Everyday Etc. Photo Cards pack was my inspiration for the whole layout. I loved it as soon as a I saw it. The white space in the top left was perfect for adding a couple of extra embellishments. I've used a circle from a Kaisercraft paper pad and changed the quote from 'enjoy the little things' to 'enjoy the BIG things', plus a splatter of green ink to tie it into the background.


My main embellishment cluster has a page tab and flair from the Good Vibes only range, as well as a fussy cut pineapple from the Everyday Etc. Filler Photo Cards pack. I've used two other cards from that pack to create my photo mat. The beautiful die-cut is from Couture Creations.



Up in the top cluster I've used some off-cuts of the blue from the photo mat plus a sentiment from the Sticky Quick Quotes sheet. The flair is from Accent scrapbooking.


This layout gave me so much grief because it ALMOST worked but then just didn't no matter what I tried. This was my first attempt, below. What should have been a vibrant blue to match the photo mat ended up being a teal that just looked out of place.


This led me to HANDPAINT all the drips again to turn them green. I added a couple more embellishments but then decided it was overworked. Plus, as much as I loved the colours of the big photo mat at the top, it just didn't work with the layout. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!