Tuesday 24 April 2018

East Shores, Gladstone

I couldn't decide between creating an art journal page or a scrapbooking layout, so decided to combine the two and go with a layout with an art journal type background. I like the result and think this is worth experimenting with further.


The background started with a wash of two blue Gelatos. I applied some colour acrylic paints through stencils and white gesso over the top of it all for some more texture. A bit of tissue pattern, builders tape and ribbon formed the middle layers.


Kaisercraft die-cuts and an Accent Scrapbooking flair form the main cluster. Enamel dots and washi tape accents from D-lish Scraps. 


This crocodile was the start of the whole layout and I love how cute he is! The photo mat is built up of a couple of different pieces of scrap papers because I'm trying to slowly work my way through the lifetime supply of paper I have.


We went to visit my parents for a long weekend and they took us to East Shores Precinct. Harrison had the time of his life! Looking through the photos again makes me think I might need to scrapbook a few more of these. 


This layout was inspired by the April challenge over at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. They have simplified the rules recently, so if you've been thinking of playing in the past but held back, now is the time to join in!

I couldn't go past this cute lama image. It reminded me of the die-cut animals I had from Kaisercraft, which lead to the crocodile which reminded me of Harrison's swimmers. I took the rest of my inspiration from the colour scheme. 

 


3 comments:

  1. Your colours are perfect for the challenge and you had so much fun getting messy creating the background! TFS at CSI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable layout! How cute and fun is that alligator! Really cool background work and perfect job with the colors! So happy to have you playing with us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!